JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to swipe down fingerprint sensor for notification panel

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 03:28 PM)
Phantom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
May I know why this is removed from the Fold5 and Flip5? I used this feature every single day and now it's gone. It's detrimental to keep this feature so can it be added back with a software update??
34 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Phantom 

No one on these peer-to-peer forums would know the reason why, unfortunately/

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

natejung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Please bring this back!
Phantom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Try submitting error reports in Samsung Members to them. If enough people do it, we can get this feature back hopefully.
AllieCatOwO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I heard it's because they switched to an optical scanner instead of capacitive, and unfortunately you can't do gestures with those. I wish they could've made it maybe 2 taps on the fingerprint sensor to bring it down or something like that atleast 😕 In super bummed, it was one of my favorite things! every phone I've had since my pixel 2 had the fingerprint gestures....
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@AllieCatOwO The Fold 5 uses a capacitive sensor, just like the Fold 4. 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-z-fold-5/specs/

AllieCatOwO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
guess I won't believe everything on reddit, thanks 🙂 hopefully they add it back soon!
2ndHalfCor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

This is a very tall phone and it was the way I used my Flip 4 constantly. Thinking of returning the Flip 5 and keeping the 4. This makes no sense to me.

0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hey Samsung, 

I noticed that the Finger Sensor Gestures Feature is missing on the new Z Flip5. Do you think you could add that on with a quick software update very soon? With the phone being so tall, its a really helpful feature to pull down the notification shade while in an app. 

Thanks
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Jess04 Yes, it's very possible. Be sure to submit this feature request in the Samsung Members app under Support at the bottom>Send feedback>submit as an Error report.