JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to swipe down fingerprint sensor for notification panel

(Topic created: 08-04-2023 11:44 AM)
Phantom
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
May I know why this is removed from the Fold5 and Flip5? I used this feature every single day and now it's gone. It's detrimental to keep this feature so can it be added back with a software update??
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Members_0Pjj2wM
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Seconded. The Flip5 is beautiful, but the seemed to be the first glaring absence.

ShinkoSik
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I just received my Z Flip 5 and I was very disappointed when I couldn't find my favorite feature of the Z series. On the left is my Z Flip4 with accessibility side key gestures and the features is removed on the Z Flip5 on the right. Honestly this is one of the biggest reasons I purchased the phone because I loved the side key gestures on my s8 and s10e.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hopefully this can be addressed in a software update in the near future. In the meantime, you can submit an error report in the Samsung Members app under the Support tab>Send feedback. The more people that report this, the more likely it can be added back in quickly. You aren't alone in missing this functionality. 🙂

VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Additionally, if you download the Samsung Good Lock app from the Galaxy App store and install the RegiStar module, you can enable back-tap or side-key functionality to bring up notifications. The MultiStar module has an "I ❤️ Foldables" option for some cover screen options too.

ShinkoSik
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
But this does not include gestures 😞
0 Likes
Wizky
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes please bring it back
ZDelta47
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreed. Terrible that this is missing!
mgmourad
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

There are even more features missing such as clockface from good lock (you can download a separate apk for it) which means no customization for always-on-display. Also, Hex themes don't work on OneUI 5.1.1 which is super annoying. I almost returned my flip 5 because of these issues.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm almost positive there will be imminent releases for Good Lock's Clockface app, in addition to bug fixes, as the device just came out. Be sure to report these issues nonetheless!

Solution
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This was Samsung's response to my error submission 🙄😮💨
I don't understand why they couldn't have kept that feature, considering it was a toggle switch on previous versions. 🤔 Screenshot_20230814_111013_Samsung Members_1000005460_1692025813.png