JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Verizon blocked SmartThings find website

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 01:00 PM)
MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Now either I'm crazier than I thought I was which I'm pretty crazy or my smart things was fine I've not yet to be able to get an update either through the ADB or through Samsung that has given me any kind of security of this phone since purchasing it now what is going on with this **bleep** I don't tell me it's the duck duck go because that's not telling me it's a duck duck go problem it's telling me it's a phone problem what is wrong with your communication skills or what is wrong with your **bleep**g data website whatever it is that you call it the the code whatever y'all are driving me crazy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MissChelseaLynn "Verizon, unlocked phone and also straight talk, is blocking this program."

The screenshot you provided indicates that Verizon is blocking the website. If you visit the Verizon support community you will find discussions about this very topic. Straight Talk does use Verizon services in some areas of the country. 

" I believe I heard something about Samsung changing the name of their awesomely spread out program SnartThings to some other name."

No, it is still called SmartThings. 

View solution in context

12 Replies
MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here. As well as this
0 Likes
MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's saying what about my sim 2??? I don't have one. Also how am I using my service if y'all can't "properly connect toa mobile network?1701723723427.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MissChelseaLynn That is a normal result. The text is confusing, but that is the normal results. 

0 Likes
MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm confused as to how your response is actually valid. Would you please expand on that?
0 Likes
MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
And wait. Confusing!? How can one small sentence be so confusing?? Jeez
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MissChelseaLynn In regards to confusing, I meant the text in the screenshot that you posted. 

A normal result for the SIM card test says:

• SIM card 1: Normal (and provides details of the SIM card, carrier and phone number)
  • SIM card 2: Normal -- even if you don't have a virtual SIM defined
  • Your SIM card was inserted properly but couldn't connect to a mobile network. 
  • Try restarting your phone of moving to an area with a stronger network signal. 

All of that is a normal test result. This is confusing to a user because it says "SIM card 2:Normal" even though one is not defined and "it couldn't connect to a network" even though your phone is connecting to the network. 

MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MissChelseaLynn Your carrier, Verizon, is blocking access. 

MissChelseaLynn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Lol
0 Likes