Original topic:

Samsung Wallet "Claim it now" notification

(Topic created: 02-11-2023 09:36 AM)
Meow222
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello,
I got a notification on my Galaxy S10 phone from Samsung Wallet App that said "claim it now". I haven't used the app and it seemed to be some kind of rewards thing from Home Depot. I didn't click on it but I cleared it. It looked like a regular notification but I've never gotten one that said "claim it now". Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot of the notification. 
I just wanted to know if this is a legit thing that Samsung Wallet offers or if it's some sort of hack or phishing scam.
I hope someone can let me know.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes it's a real thing that is in Samsung Wallet you can turn that feature off in the settings for Samsung Wallet just toggle off in app deals I get them from places I haven't even shopped at or if I go to Walmart sometimes it will pop upScreenshot_20230211_132758_Samsung Wallet_1000008949_1676140078.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
johnnyb63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In reference to meow you can bet it's a scam
0 Likes
Meow222
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is it probably a remote hack? Should I change my Samsung password?
0 Likes
Meow222
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Coincidentally i recently purchased something at that store but I didn't use the Samsung Wallet. 🤔
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes it's a real thing that is in Samsung Wallet you can turn that feature off in the settings for Samsung Wallet just toggle off in app deals I get them from places I haven't even shopped at or if I go to Walmart sometimes it will pop upScreenshot_20230211_132758_Samsung Wallet_1000008949_1676140078.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Meow222
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok thanks!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Meow222 I agree with @GaryB82 . I'm pretty sure that what you saw is a promotion for a cash back offer in Samsung wallet. They frequently promote cash back deals like that. 

The cash back area in Samsung Pay gives you a link to the retailer. You click the link to visit the retailer. Complete your transaction. Some time later, you will get cash back in Samsung Pay app.