JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning on HotSpot Causes My Phone to just Restart after Update

(Topic created: 07-23-2023 05:28 AM)
SMatt2284
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Hot Spot was working like normal on Friday afternoon. I did the latest update in evening & then later that night every time I would try to turn it on, it would just restart my phone. Does anybody have a fix for it...besides doing a complete restore? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello SMatt2284, thank you so much for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand that turning on your Mobile Hotspot causes your unit to restart since the update. Mobile Hotspot can be a problem with your unit mobile data connection or your mobile carrier. Please attempt to reset your network settings. 
To reset network settings try the following steps:  Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings
Passwords to Wi-Fi and pairings may need to be reentered after resetting network settings. If you are still having trouble you may take a look at this link for more information: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245/

In the event the Hotspot troubleshooting wasn't helpful, you can use this guide and perform a factory reset. Use this guide, and follow the highlighted "back up" guide hyperlinked in the guide to back up your files and data you do not wish to lose: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

View solution in context

45 Replies
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There's no guarantee a factory reset will work.

It shouldn't be doing that and might be a problem with the update. You might have to wait for more updates.

Try all you want though. Maybe something will happen to work.

Hotspot really shouldn't be relied on however. Its not meant to replace normal ways.
Members_e63SDHn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What do you consider "normal ways"?
I use mine with my laptop when on the road. That seems very normal to me and to not have it work is very irregular.

JFC76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That is a dumb a** response to give. Don't pay attention to it. Clearly they don't know what they are talking about. I hope Samsung fixes this issue asap. I need that hotspot for work myself.
MissFawn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Because of location of my home, I can't have wifi. I need the hotspot on my phone to use my internet on all my other devices in my home. Including my laptop for my kids schooling.
SMatt2284
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So Fyi to anyone with the same issue...I found that if i connect to a wi-fi nextwork then the HotSpot will connect. But once I disconnect from Wi-Fi it does the samething again.
LetzSwitchIt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That worked for me as well. Maybe the next update, they will have a fix?

0 Likes
MissFawn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately I don't have wifi at my home because of our location. I tried just enabling wifi without connecting to an actual wifi connection then enabling my hotspot, but it still restarts.
Ruland91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, my Samsung phone S10E also... after updating software. My Phone always restarting when trying to turn on Mobile Hotspot
Preacherswife
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone did an update this morning and now I can't use my hotspot