JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning on HotSpot Causes My Phone to just Restart after Update

(Topic created: 07-23-2023 05:28 AM)
SMatt2284
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Hot Spot was working like normal on Friday afternoon. I did the latest update in evening & then later that night every time I would try to turn it on, it would just restart my phone. Does anybody have a fix for it...besides doing a complete restore? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
cocainecowboy67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This seems to be a major issue. I myself am experiencing exactly the same issues as everyone else. After a routine "Software" update, performed over the weekend, my phone now crashes when trying to load the Mobile Hotspot. I too have spoken with AT&T & SAMSUNG tech support. Both suggested a complete "factory reset," which in my case is not a good idea. I personally can not take the risk of loosing some of my data or Apps that can not be backed up.
Samsung wants me to trade my phone in, for a small charge of over $600. I can not afford, nor do I want to purchase a new phone. My Galaxy S10E was working perfectly before the update.

Samsung is responsible for this action and putting out an update tainted with some kind of "bug." I am going to wait for the next update and see if that fixes it...man, I truly hope it does!
Other than that, nobody seems to know how to fix it at this point.
katies
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm in the same boat! I specifically pay extra for extra hotspot and now I can't even turn it on!!!! How long are we going to have to wait until another update?! THIS IS NOT RIGHT
0 Likes
cocainecowboy67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If I am correct, "Software" updates happen about once a month? I think we are all  unless Samsung comes out with a simple fix, but I am not going to hold my breath.

cocainecowboy67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Look everyone. If you are experiencing this issue, then please call Samsung like I did and complain directly to them. They put out a "bogus" update that  our phones up and now they must fix it!
Their solution is trying to sell you a new phone, or offer you some kind of trade in deal on a newer, more expensive, and updated phone that's gonna cost you, me and everyone else $600+ dollars. This is their solution, but its not acceptable.
Without causing heat on Samsung, we have to sit here for a month and wait to see if the next update works? What if it doesn't? Do a factory reset and see if that works? What if it doesn't, then what? Or, do a factory reset and take the risk of loosing some, partial, or all your important information if a backup doesn't work?
I don't know about you, but I can't take that risk.

Anyway, we as a collective group need to work together on this and get the word out there. Not everyone having this issue is going to find this thread. So if you are more of a mover & shaker than I am, then please spread the word like the plague and let's start getting answers from Samsung on how to fix their screw up.

0 Likes
Members_kBdFOsV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am suffering from the same problem. I understand that there is no resolution short of factory reset to earlier software version? Not good.  Not being able to Hotspot is a real problem with respect to work....

Guess I will have to submit a 'ticket' on my corporate plan too. I am thank-full for the previous comments which helped me define the problem. 

0 Likes
JFC76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did anyone perforn a factory reset and did it solve the issue? I only see 1 person who says they did it and it worked. Other says they did it and didnt fix the issue.
0 Likes
ronniewoo1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem with my S10 rebooting every time I turn on the WiFi Hotspot. HELLO! People can't do their work if their mobile hotspot doesn't work!

I'm not factory resetting my phone.

Samsung needs to restore the former OS version via a push, just like it pushed the defective update that removed our WiFi Hotspot capability. If they don't do it soon, I'll be replacing my Samsung with a Google Pixel--AT&T has an awesome deal on Google Pixels right now.

mooooooom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My toddler can't watch his shows. Lmao what's the  solution with this hot spot?!?! Hellllllp.

Members_dB0bXJv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this same exact issue since the update. And my phone is running way hotter than normal 103°F.. normal operating temp is like 85-95°

thisisntworking
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Any word on when this will be fixed? You would think they would put it back the way it was until they fix it. It affects a lot of people. They should have changed it back right away. So much for customer satisfaction.