JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 04:26 PM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll be keeping my S21 Ultra and my fold 4 since the trade-in deals are bad and they're pushing carrier contract promotions which I will not do. I got T-Mobile service without contract and it's going to stay that way. Until dual trade-in deals return with higher value, no purchase will happen on my end.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm paying off my phones and just keeping them as backups for work.
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
The trade in value for my s22 plus was less than my s20fe last year? It is crazy. I don't understand why they are giving such poor trade in values for the customers that buy every year or so?

Samsung complained about poor sales last year? I guess they are hoping for repeat. I will wait for the summer sales or skip this year altogether.

Besides the processor there is not a lot of changes, I get the storage is faster and the ram is a bit faster but unless you get the Ultra cameras are basically the same.

They want $825 plus tax for an Ultra and $625 plus tax for a plus with trade in on my s22 plus. That is crazy.
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
The best deal I have seen is from Google Fi. Of course you have to get there highest monthly payment of $65 a month but you get an instant half off the Ultra making cost $599 plus you can trade in your old phone making it even cheaper.

Samsung on the other hand is killing me with the terrible trade in value. I will be skipping until summer sales or next year.
Options
Galaxy S23
me either
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
ditto
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
they are in bed with all the service providers
0 Likes
Members_VaB2fpL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Last year, I purchased a Samsung Watch 5 Pro. At the time, Samsung was offering a trade-in discount for sending back my used watch. The program rules stated that I would need to send a watch in ANY CONDITION to get a $50 discount. So I send in a smartwatch that had been lying around for over three years. Prior to sending it, I tried to charge it and turn it on. It did not charge, nor turn on. I clearly stated to Samsung that the watch does not turn on. But I was supposed to send in a watch in ANY CONDITION. A few weeks later, I got an email from Samsung stating that I did not qualify for the discount since - I did not reset the watch. It is obviously very hard to reset a watch that does not charge or turn on.

Not having learned my lesson with Samsung, I ordered a Samsung S23 Ultra and again took advantage of the $500 trade-in credit for a Samsung S22 Ultra. My phone was almost perfect. I packed it in the original packaging and then put it into a padded envelope and sent it back to Samsung. Today, the package was delivered to Samsung. Within hours, I received an email that I would be charged $155 since the phone I had sent in had a cracked screen. I discussed this with their customer service for over an hour. They were very busy since there were too many disputes. I escalated the issue and was told to expect a resolution within a few days.
One hour later, I got a second email stating that they had just received the device and would review it over the next 3-7 days. So, the first email was simply an attempt to steal $155 from me as they stole $50 for the watch that was not reset since it would not turn on.

Fed up with Samsung. All trust in this company is gone. Don't fall for the trade-in program. It is a scam to get you to purchase phones, turn in the good phones which they can resell in other markets, and still charge you for invented reasons.

0 Likes
Deputy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've always received around $800 for the previous years flagship phone. This year, only $500! Samsung apparently doesn't want my money.
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
not much else to say...