JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-04-2023 11:20 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
That makes business sense however, short changing Samsung users is not the way to keep the customers that you already have.
jk1211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I agree it makes sense to want switchers but when you lose your loyal customers that does not give you a net gain. 

I get they can't give $1000 for an S22 Ultra, but $375 for a $1000+ S22+, and $500 for an Ultra, like really? 

THEY are devaluing their own brand and market here, not us.  They are crashing their own resale values. 

I'd expect half $500-550 back, that's not a lot to ask on a phone that is 1 year or less old.   The Ultra should be $600-650.  Give half back at least.   I get they don't care about storage size.

Samsung corporate really needs to read the room.   Look around these forums, Reddit, YouTubers, etc. The #1 jab is trade-in values and people aren't upgrading over it.   If all you can get is a few iPhone switchers and few poeple with older devices, good luck with those Q1 numbers! They are losing a huge chunk of yearly upgraders over tiny bits of money grand scheme.

user_39dbvlo0s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree!! I'm done with Samsung!!
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Well, as disappointing as it may seem to some, simply based on prior experiences, it's still a pretty good deal. And they give you a storage upgrade, and maybe even some accessory credit if you pre-registered. What other manufacturer is giving any incentives like these? I can totally understand wanting to vent, but to say you're done with Samsung? I mean it's your choice, but makes me wonder, who do you believe will treat you better?

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

Options
Galaxy S23
The extra accessories are a good thing, don't get me wrong. The way the website is set up it only chooses certain ones which are not necessarily good matches. However, I did discover that if you choose the accessories you actually want before you put the phone in the cart it works out just fine. I would rather put the $150 credit towards the phone though.
jk1211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I disagree it's a "pretty good deal."  I dont care about Samsung store credit.  Id rather have that $100 off the phone. 

That plus really devalued S22 trade-ins simply makes it not worth buying another Samsung device.  If it's going to be worth 38% again next year, no one is going to keep buying devices if even Samsung itself values it at 60% less after 1 year or less.  That's a really poor investment of one's money if it's worth near nothing after that short of a time.

I also don't care about the storage upgrade.  256gb base now means the storage upgrade is way less important to many. 

Again, take $100-150 credit (trade-in or whatever you want to call it) off the price rather than silly store credit or storage upgrades and we'll talk. Give us the choice to choose the storage upgrade or $100 off the phone if we only want 256gb.  But of course, storage costs pennies per gb these days, so giving someone $5-10 of storage in chip cost as a"deal" looks like a win.

Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is still a great company that makes good products. I'm not going to stop using them all together but, I'm probably not going to buy the new phone anytime soon.
user_39dbvlo0s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Right after I posted my complaint, I had to use the code to open my phone again, i want to throw the phone in the ocean back to Frickin Korea!! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Emthmt28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Strange I'm getting 1000 for my S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
Rudy818
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
you're absolutely right , they deleted my post because I was complaining about the unfair trading amount that they want to give me for my galaxy s22 ultra....they are super stupid