JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-05-2023 10:10 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
OldSoldier
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I am not upgrading. I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G and the low ball trade in has made the decision that much easier. Thanks but no thanks Samsung.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope I got an s22 plus last year
0 Likes
SlayerNation
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the s22 ultra, no reason to upgrade when this phone is still fantastic
_Sara_
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have an S22 ultra and I'm sticking to it
Dmoore39
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a S21+ and waiting a couple months to get the S23+ just because of longer software support up until 2026.
0 Likes
O4liberty
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I am so disappointed in Samsung with the trade in amounts I jumped ship and picked up a iPhone 14 pro max
EHABMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the S22 ultra, I first placed an order for S23 ultra for the upgrades in cameras and battery life, but then I realized the trade in value they offered for the S22 U is lower than the market value if you sell independently which never happened with Samsung before so I CANCELLED the order, not worth it especially with this low trade in values.
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Ironically since I posted this my Note 20 Ultra 5G won't fast charge, either wirelessly or on the same charger I've been using for years without an issue. I don't believe in coincidences either. I'm definitely looking at iPhones now. They might suck too but at least my expectations are already low going in.
0 Likes
DC30307
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am confident that better deals will be available in the next couple months.  Last year I upgraded from my S21U to an S22U for <$200 direct from Samsung around the 1st of May.  Their initial sales numbers this year for the S23 series will likely be pretty poor, due to the poor trade-in values.  They'll need to make up for it after the pre-order period.  It usually takes a couple of months of updates to get the kinks worked out, so I can wait to get a better deal with more refined software.

0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

This was an ordering debacle! It took me about 36 hours and perhaps 75 attempts to complete my order. And then I got only half the original estimate for my trade-in. Frankly, though I can't prove it, I think the trade-in values were  up (my original estimate was ridiculously high) and they shut down ordering until they could fix it--but without informing customer service people, who had no clue what was happening.

Got a "we apologize" email from Samsung today. Too little, too late. And too lame--at minimum, they should have offered a small rebate on my already-completed purchase or additional credit toward accessories.

One person on T-Mobile community put it something like this: if Samsung has gotten so big that they can't figure out how to let people purchase their phones, they've gotten too big.

0 Likes