Original topic:

Confusion with Samsung Pay vs Wallet

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 12:01 AM)
Freezaburn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good day, 

I still use my Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F running Android 9.
The Samsung Pay app disappeared on 03.15.2024 following an End-of-Support notice.

It has been replaced with Samsung Wallet which I downloaded. However, I could not add any bank cards since I kept being told upon verification, that there are too many (of the same) cards already loaded/in use. I discovered that although the Pay app seems to be gone on my phone, it is still accessible and can be opened via Google Play Store. (note: it opens up Samsung Pay on my phone and not Samsung Wallet). I thus managed to remove the current cards from Samsung Pay and add them to  Samsung Wallet. 

On my Watch 4, the Pay app still opens and cannot be removed, but I have removed the bank cards. 
The caveat is that I cannot load Wallet onto my watch and I cannot find Samsung Wallet in the Play Store via my watch (although it was present and managed to install on my phone).

So the question is: How do I get Samsung Wallet onto my phone? If I try to add back any bank cards via Samsung Pay on my watch, it open Samsung Pay on my phone, and not Wallet. And so in circles I go. 

Watch is model SM-875F running One UI 5.0 / Google Play services 24.08.12 / System 13 / Wear OS 4.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch4 is still using Samsung Pay, even though phone uses Samsung Wallet. If you go into the Wear app on your phone, then Watch settings, you should see Pay. Click on it and see if you can then add payment cards.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch4 is still using Samsung Pay, even though phone uses Samsung Wallet. If you go into the Wear app on your phone, then Watch settings, you should see Pay. Click on it and see if you can then add payment cards.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Freezaburn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you @cwinkler  for the confirmation. Here's hoping next update will bring the watch in line with the phone apps.

0 Likes