JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 05-02-2022 11:32 AM)
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

121 Replies
usersrCS4lTkMZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I mean they also designed the software. To me it seems like a software issue.
userpUbebWUWTT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have tried everything to remove the voicemail notification from my watch.  This is a brand new watch, not even a week old.  It started today.  It keeps notifying me that I have a voicemail.  Meanwhile I have checked over and over and I have no messages.  I turned both the watch and phone on and off several times.  Took the Bluetooth off.  Tried calling the number to which the watch is connected to leave a message to see if I can then delete it.  Nothing.  I am at the point of returning the phone.  All it does is annoy me and uses up the charge on the watch.

Wilda Esponda

JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you want a quick fix I would go into the watches settings> notifications> scroll done to "show on phone"> click on more > find voice-mail> then toggle off. That should end the push notifications to your watch.
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Let me know if that helps
0 Likes
userhUiK1Np08Z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is no voice-mail option to toggle.
0 Likes
userCKZpevB6bb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am experiencing the same thing; and it is incredibly annoying.  I would like to get notifications on my watch...just not false notifications.  Do we have a fix for this yet?  Apparently this has been going on for a while.

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

what is the watch model number and the software version running?

have you tried to clear cache for the wearable app and the wearable plug-in?

0 Likes
VazerOG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
0 Likes
VazerOG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Seems to happen every time my phone and watch disconnect
0 Likes
bratcat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue. I don't want to monitor my sleep with it anymore because it keeps buzzing telling me that I have a voice-mail and I don't have any!!!