JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro won't connect to Network while roaming

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 10:18 AM)
userp7wMRNt1rc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch no matter what would not connect to the network while roaming. Now my phone has no problem connecting while roaming but the watch won't. Verizon even switched the watch thinking it was the watch and here I am. Any idea why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch not connecting to the network while roaming and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier as roaming is a carrier feature, they would need to make sure your watch line is set up appropriately.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello my fellow galaxy friend that's very odd were are you are you out of the US????
0 Likes
userp7wMRNt1rc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Puerto Rico part of USA. My daughters came to visit me and there watches were roaming and working fine same company Verizon.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch not connecting to the network while roaming and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier as roaming is a carrier feature, they would need to make sure your watch line is set up appropriately.

0 Likes
userp7wMRNt1rc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got out the phone with Verizon and they told me the reason my expensive watch won't connect to the roaming network is because they don't allow some watches to roam outside the US. By the way I am in Puerto Rico which is part of the US. What kind of ridiculous action that is by Verizon. 
0 Likes
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Something about that doesn't sound right at all. That's highly confusing because with your watch regardless of wether the watch itself has internet or not and your phone does, the internet from your phone is basically extended over to the watch as long as the two are connected to one another and close enough to one another for Bluetooth connections to be active together. Something here sounds completely backwards and fishy to me as well.

Edit: Their own website states for CDMA Devices: CDMA-only devices will not work outside the US, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. Puerto Rico is clearly included in the US stipulation here so it makes what they told you even more suspect to me.
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow Verizon
0 Likes