JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alternative to Samsung Gallery on A53

(Topic created: 01-25-2023 02:55 PM)
Nexusone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is there a way to use a 3rd party app for photos on a Samsung A53 5g phone? I don't want to use the Gallery that comes preloaded on my phone. I would prefer to use either Google photos of Amazon photos instead. I can not find a way to disable, or redirect it.

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nexusone You certainly can use Google Photos or another photo app but it would be alongside Gallery. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Nexusone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can you please provide the search string that you used to find the link? It is just taking me to Samsungs main sales page. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nexusone You certainly can use Google Photos or another photo app but it would be alongside Gallery. 

Nexusone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
When I try to retrieve a picture to post on social media or an app it goes to Gallery where I have no pictures saved, and from what I can tell the only way to populate Gallery is to move all my pictures to Onedrive and sync that back to Gallery, which is a huge pain in the a$$.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nexusone Gallery shows photos on your phone. If you have them on some other cloud service instead, Gallery won't be able to find them. 

0 Likes
Nexusone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@LongHiker Thanks for your help. Was able to go into apps>special access>manage settings and turn on Google photos. Now I am able to navigate to those pictures through Gallery. It's kind of a pain, and it is definitely not ideal, but I can live with it. It just makes me mad because you know Microsoft and Samsung worked out some kind of deal for them to lock you into using their proprietary app and Microsoft Onedrive. I just want a phone that I can configure to use the apps I pick, not what Samsung allows me to. Thanks again.

0 Likes