Original topic:

Subtitles - How to turn them off?

(Topic created: 01-11-2022 03:29 AM)
PaulKK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

I have Q90T.  The annoying problem is with subtitles: watching movies using dlna I every time in the TV player have to go to settings ("cog" icon) choose "subtitles" menu and turn them off. But if I stop the video and turn it back on, the player remembers the playback position and continues, however, subtitles are back on... 

In TV's Settings -> General -> Accessibility there is an option "Subtitle settings" but it is greyed out. It is always disabled, I did not see any situation that this menu option would be active.

So, how to disable subtitles by default??

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! The next step would be to reach out to our remote management department. You can contact them at 1-800- Samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

3 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Are the subtitles enabled on the device that you are streaming from? This may be causing them to display on your tv.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
PaulKK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The primary video source is dlna server (it doesn't do any re-coding and doesn't affect streamed video), however the same story is with watching video from usb.

It is not source depended as I have another (set-top-box) dlna client and it works as expected with the same dlna server: in the set-top-box menu I set to disable subtitles appearance and they are off.  At all times.

But Q90T has buit-in video player (with dlna capability) and I can't find how to set default behavior. There are also no alternative players available for tizen OS, that I would gladly switch to... 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! The next step would be to reach out to our remote management department. You can contact them at 1-800- Samsung.