Chromebook plus touchscree-issue

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Chromebook plus touchscree-issue

help Im having the same problem
Constellation

Having the issue with the touchscreen acting like it is being touched when not in use.  How do I send a private message, I assume this reply isn't it.

Constellation

Re: NEW VID: Chromebook plus major issue (touchscreen???)

I have the exact same issue with mine.

Constellation

Re: NEW VID: Chromebook Pro major issue (touchscreen???)

I bought my CB-Pro on 6/1.  This same problem started for me about 2 weeks ago.  I was able to make the screen stop moving up and down by putting my finger on the touchscreen and "holding it down."  I could still read documents one page at a time, albeit while highly annoyed.  Now, the problem has progressed to where my CB-Pro is unusable.  Not only does the page bounce up and down uncontrollably, but ads along the side of webpages are being ghost clicked and opened in a separate tab.  Last night, the ghost clicking starting spawning browser tabs uncontrollably.  It went to over 100 tabs before I rebooted the machine. My CB-Pro is in perfect condition, I have not washed the screen with liquids, etc.

About 30 minutes ago, I started instant messaging with a Samsung person (his chat # 4295623061) and asked if Samsung was aware of this problem and working on a solution and he said Samsung was NOT aware of this problem and that NO ONE had reported this issue to Samsung at all.  That answer made me sick to my stomach since, after "sales tax, fees, and surcharges" and shipping, I (over)paid $603.61 for this!!!

Constellation

So, has anyone experiencing this touchscreen trouble and has posted to this forum been helped?

The only solution that I have seen is to get a new Chromebook Pro (or Plus) with a later build.  Is that the only solution to this problem that has worked?  I was hoping, perhaps, an update would be sent out and would fix all.

Has anyone tried switching from the Stable channel to either the Beta or Dev channels?  If this is an OS issue and not a hardware issue, maybe the problem has been fixed in one of these channels but has not made it to the Stable channel yet.

Constellation

Just to let everyone know: I sent in my Chromebook plus for this exact issue in may. When I got the CB plus back NOTHING had been changed, nor did I receive a replacement as I had the same hairline scratch on the bottom. It was stable for a couple weeks, then in front of a client my screen starting going ghost touch all over again in tablet mode. It might possibly be a software issue as I have not experienced the problem since updating to beta chanel version 60. However, I feel like I have a $420 dollar brick as I don't know when to expect the screen to freak out next.

If a rep is reading this, refer to ticket 4142420936 

Samsung Moderator

Hello usereZh8HaCL2c, please send us a private message so that we can look into this for you: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Astronaut

Just returned 2 CB+ to Amazon for the exact same thing. It's like it's haunted. Going back to my flip.

Astronaut

I switched channels still the same issue if you put up the calculator you can see it marking on the touch screen as if a ghost was doing it 

I disabled the touch screen till they fix this issue it's definitely a issue with the touch screen portion of the software registering pressed on the screen

Anyone wondering how to disable it 

Open a internet tab type in

chrome://flags

Go down to debugging keyboard shortcuts

Enable

Then click the blue restart button

The keyboard short is 

Search  shift t

Constellation

I found out something about the screen wonkiness. I thought it was the super high humidity i was in (using outside in Japan), but then it happening again after I returned Stateside.

Then I thought maybe it was under too much stress in a jam-packed backpack...

So, heres what I found:  When it starts acting up, flex the chassis a bit at the hinge-side edge of the base unit above the keyboard, and the wonkiness stops. Or starts again if you keep doing it. Sometimes its pressing up on the bottom rear corners that fixes it, sometimes pushing down an inch or two to the right of the left hinge.

I may take the bottom cover off and see if the chassis is touching exposed contacts or something...