Original topic:

Z flip 5: Android Auto issues

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
BL03
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Anyone else notice that right before a new version comes out Android Auto starts having problems? Voice commands don't work properly, connection to car is spotty, then phone calls drop/don't go through constantly. Texts take forever to be delivered and the internet slows to a crawl. I had a ZFlip4 and it did the same thing when the 5 came out. So, I switched to the 5, now that the 6 is out...same stuff. Also, why does Android Auto only work with a cord? Why hasn't it been switched to Bluetooth already??? Any ideas?

3 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That would be an issue with Google not keeping Android Auto optimized for older devices. I personally have never had an issue with it not working correctly.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Mrjodyhanson
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's also a lack of innovation with uconnect and apple car play including the various automotive configurations of each.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Android Auto since Android 11 is wireless capable but requires WiFi bandwidth to provide a usable user experience. 

I've been running wirelessly for 4 years of more using a wireless dongle from AA Wireless and it works great with my 2020 UConnect system. 

Motorola and a few others also make wireless dongle which are needed for head units without the WiFi connection that support USB.  Some of these dongles are under $50.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes