Broken S-Pen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Broken S-Pen

I received my Note 9 on Wednesday, opened the box on Sunday and after barely using  the S-Pen 2 or 3 times the top of the S-Pen broke off.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I googled search this and sure enough there is a Youtube video that shows exactly what happened to me.  I think the new S-Pen is cheap in comparison to the previous Note's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author userwa40HLKEKm
‎08-30-2018 08:01 AM

Re: Broken S-Pen

@userwa40HLKEKm  @Andreiovici  @user8bOe7K5twO     Please send private messages to this link, and we will look in to this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

140 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

The top of mine wobbleles too much for my liking, feals low quality especially with that big CHINA on it...

Constellation

Happened to me too, I can see this happening pretty easily. The end has a very thin plastic housing for a part that gets a moderate amount of tension. Broke off for me. I called Samsung and they denied a replacement since it is physical damage. $50 for a new one.

Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author userwa40HLKEKm
‎08-30-2018 08:01 AM

@userwa40HLKEKm  @Andreiovici  @user8bOe7K5twO     Please send private messages to this link, and we will look in to this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Mine broke as well - and in the same spot as the others, i.e. top 1/3 where Samsung logo starts.   Called support and let them know what happened.   No help.  Told me to order a new one, but is not yet orderable.   I had a Note 4 S-pen for ~3-4 years and no issues.   My Note9 S-pen is now un-usable in less than 2 weeks.   :-(

Samsung Moderator

We mare sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and IMEI of your device to this link.

Asteroid

Email the Samusng Moderator that is in this thread.  I did and they were a HUGE help!  Also, Best Buy does have the S Pens in stock if you need one right away which is what I did as I waited for help from Samsung.  They did end up replacing the S Pen so I would recommend emailing them.

Asteroid

I've just ordered a new S-Pen and not happy about it. I dropped my phone. It had a screen protector and case too. The pen came out and broke.  I've had Notes since 4 and I've never broken a pen. I was so mad.  The pen is a little flimsy. 

Samsung Moderator

If you go to Samsung.com and place your model number in the search bar. Then go to accessories and you can find SPens here.

Constellation

My spen is broken also after 4 days the quality of the note 9 spen is really horrible. I feel like it was a bad idea to upgrade to the 9 I should have just stick with my note 8. Now I'm suck with a broken pen that I have to figure out to fix on my own