Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

Constellation

Re: Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

I had the same issue with the note 9 and Bluetooth in my escalade  I went ahead and cleared the storage caches as someone had indicated earlier but what really worked for me was to go into Bluetooth from the settings communications menu and then click on the three dots in the upper right corner  From there I selected advanced and then turned on the dual audio.  At that point I was prompted to disable the media volume sync which I did by selecting ok and then the Bluetooth worked fine . I still kept the contact access . 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Hey guys, can you all provide the following information:

Model code of Phone: (This can be found under About Device in the settings)

Baseband Version:

Carrier:

Model of Radio:

Make/Model of Car:

We are currently looking into this and will report back once we have more information. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

J C
Cosmic Ray

Note 9

2014 Chevy equinox

Baseband  N960USQS1ARH6

Samsung Moderator

J C who is your cell phone carrier? For example, do you use Verizon or AT&T etc?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator

Disregard, I see where you have posted in another thread as well. Smiley Happy Thanks!

J C
Cosmic Ray

Sprint

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

2016 Honda accord sport(non android auto) wont connect. Had a note 8 and had no issues. Have the unlocked note 9.

Doesnt even see the phone when I try to pair with bluetooth.

Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 bluetooth pairing issue

Having issues recently with auto-connecting to not only headphones and BT speakers  but also to my Gear S3 - have to repair almost every morning. 

Trying the clearing the cache - makes no improvement.

I leave my BT on almost full time.

I have no problem with auto pairing  - with 2018 Ford Fusion Energi  or with AKG Y50BT headphones or Samsung Flex

but  BT speakers or devices - which I had no problems  with quick auto pairing on S9+, S8+, S7, etc 

The issue is the same with Dual pairing on or off.   

I have to manually select paired device from list and its hit or miss -some times I have to cycle the device power on/off and switch Phone BT off.

Constellation

I am having the exact same issue, too.  Im using a Note9 and a Kenwood DDX7 aftermarket deck in a 2012 BUICK LACROSSE 

Asteroid

As you can see from this thread and others, the car bluetooth pairing problem is a systemic issue. What is the status of Samsung coming up with a solution for this? I'm prepared to return my Note 9 and go back to Apple or another competitor if this is not fixed ASAP.