JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable AOL Email Notification Sounds

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 08:46 AM)
userSHCwL7ASix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How can I disable the sound for all notifications? I've muted system and notifications in settings but the sound continues. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok. How are you muting your sounds?  Settings > sounds and vibrations?  Because that doesn't control all your notification sounds. Settings > apps will get you to each app in which you can configure individual notification tones. Do you want them off at night? Then that's going to be settings > notification > do not disturb. You can set what comes through, who comes through and when they come through with time of day. 

Or do you want total silence for a short time? Pull down menu from the home page, click the icon that looks like a speaker with sound waves coming out. 1 click mutes, but leaves vibrate on. Click again, no sounds, no vibrate. Click a 3rd time, sounds come back. 

So how are you trying to mute?  Not trying to be sarcastic, but some people click the wrong button. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok. How are you muting your sounds?  Settings > sounds and vibrations?  Because that doesn't control all your notification sounds. Settings > apps will get you to each app in which you can configure individual notification tones. Do you want them off at night? Then that's going to be settings > notification > do not disturb. You can set what comes through, who comes through and when they come through with time of day. 

Or do you want total silence for a short time? Pull down menu from the home page, click the icon that looks like a speaker with sound waves coming out. 1 click mutes, but leaves vibrate on. Click again, no sounds, no vibrate. Click a 3rd time, sounds come back. 

So how are you trying to mute?  Not trying to be sarcastic, but some people click the wrong button. 

userSHCwL7ASix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You're right. I called and discovered my notification sounds wasn't established for media storage...it's set now and I selected Silent (which wasn't available due to my failure to set it up). Thanks for your help. I'll try to mark my post as resolved.