Original topic:

Dual WhatsApp data missing

(Topic created: 08-06-2021 10:19 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm an user of Galaxy Note 10+. I'm facing an issue with Dual messenger

All the media files like photos, videos etc are not reflecting in the gallery. I tried to debug the issue

I went into recent changes and found that WhatsApp made a change is path location. The non dual WhatsApp files are now located in android>media>com.whatsapp>WhatsApp

But when I checked the dual folder I can see that the media folder in android is missing. Therefore, whatever the data in dual WhatsApp is not reflecting in gallery or any other database reader application. 

From the other posts I can see that it's with every Samsung user. This need to be priority 0 issue. Need to be fixed asap. 

Hope this info with give Samsung a easy initial push and able to fix it soon. Otherwise there is no point in advertising Dual messenger feature.
16 Replies
userQPmCzhK4eW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung is absolutely pathetic  It has been nearly 2 months, and they still have not solved the issue or made any comment.  

0 Likes
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
They made announcement 2 weeks back that they recognize the issue and they are working on it. It's a simple bug to fix. I don't know how many days they going to take. I'm expecting an update with august security patch.
0 Likes
usermg9HMQTNFF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is there any update on the resolution of this yet?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend trying the following steps. If this doesn't work I recommend that you reach out to the app developer to resolve this issue.

Open Dual WhatsApp Messenger 》Go to Settings 》Chats 》Enable Media Visibility.. Please refer attached screenshot..

I checked mine on my S21 Ultra and S20 plus and it works fine.

TIP: Always backup your chat to your Gmail or Google drive so that you can restore them any time in the future.Screenshot_20210523-184837_WhatsApp_39971.jpg

0 Likes
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Definitely not working. I always keep my media visibility on.

Stop hitting bush around it doesn't work like that. It's a clear cut issue from Samsung. Start working on development instead of giving general solutions to the customers
0 Likes
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello All, Samsung fixed the dual messenger issue for WhatsApp in September 2021 update. Before updating the phone do back up your media other wise you will loose it
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend trying to clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If this step doesn't work you will need to get in contact with the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the google play store.