JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Duo Notification Option Grayed Out

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 12:23 PM)
MarkRB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

On my Note 10+ and my wife's S10, the ability to turn on notifications for Google Duo is turned off.  I"m not sure if this is a Google, Samsung, or AT&T problem.  

Does anyone else have this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I concur. Looks like "Received 1:1 calls" and "Received group calls" notifications are locked to on (and are grayed out) and can not be set to off.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Mine is grayed out in the on position. So your notifications options are off and grayed out?
you can click the words of a notification category for more options, even if its on/off toggle is grayed out.
0 Likes
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I concur. Looks like "Received 1:1 calls" and "Received group calls" notifications are locked to on (and are grayed out) and can not be set to off.
MarkRB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

yes...mine are actually stuck to "on" as well.

Better news, some of the other trouble shooting items I tried worked last night.   I just assumed the fact it was "grayed out" was the issue, but it turns out it was other settings.

I took Duo off the list for battery saver (or battery optimization) and turned off data saving (I'm unlimited anyway...and spend 90% of my time at home on WiFi due to Covid WFH) and stopped allowing the phone to put idle apps to sleep.  My wife and I called each other and we got the notifications!

I guess I can cancel this request.

0 Likes