cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userA8NYezCGuy
Constellation

How to remove latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've gotten used to getting updates all the time, but this latest update is terrible. How can I remove this update and not lose all of my information? My wife and I are to the point now we're I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone after owning a Samsung since the beginning.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to remove latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry you don't like the Update at the moment they are no official way to revert back to oreo 8.0

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry you don't like the Update at the moment they are no official way to revert back to oreo 8.0

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

user5vU5CViEee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I absolutely hate it!!!!!!!!!! Never been so mad after an update. Who decides these important decisions.? They need fired!!!

WallFlower23
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am eager to remove this update as well.  I'm just about to do a factory reset, so I can get rid of this update.  I am totally with you on wanting to switch back to iPhone.  In the several years since I've switched to Android, I've NEVER regretted the switch... until this most recent update ruined my phone.  I want to throw away my Note8... but will do a factory reset as one last shot.  (Although I did learn my lesson from iPhone - if you don't do the updates, they slowly make your phone obsolete and unusable.)

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

im sorry to tell you but a factory reset wont revert the OS back to Oreo

Note 9 User

WallFlower23
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Why not? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once a OS is installed and you do a reset it will reset back to a fresh verison of Pie thats how updates work when Pie was install it keep some of oreo and then rewrote everything else because you cant have two OS at the same time on your phone

Note 9 User

Nessie
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even the factory reset will not revert the phone back to the old software.

sebastian05000
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One question what issues are you having on the latest update?

userDfJQnKDvuc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. Those bites. The notification is all different, the messages, the stupid changes at the bottom of the screen, the bar up top the fact that you can't night mode with a theme.... It changed some of the setting abilities and I'm not getting my messages and Facebook messages and snapchats until hours later... I really hate I-phone but I'm really tempted.