Original topic:

Note 10 Camera App opens on its own

(Topic created: 09-04-2020 03:41 AM)
themanwashere
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I am having issues with my Note 10's Camera app. It's been opening on its own several times already. This first time occurred a few weeks ago, but only once. Today, it has happened more than I can count and it's draining the battery. When I leave my phone, it will wake up even without me touching it or lifting it, and it will automatically open the Camera app. It also happens while I'm using the phone. I cleared the Camera app cache already, restarted my Note 10, and disabled Bixby double tap as well. However, I am still encountering the issues. Sometimes when I leave my phone, I'll be back and find that it's open with the Camera app switched on. It's annoying and worrisome. I don't think this is a display issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

I would try wiping the system cache partition on the device to see if that helps any.

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to select.
Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select the Reboot system now.
The device restarts once the wipe is finished.

Last but not least, if you are still experiencing the same symptoms after performing a system cache wipe, I would fully back up the device and try to factory reset. If that still doesn't help, I would recommend having the device to be evaluated by a certified technician at a UBreakIFix location. They will be able to take a better look at what's going on with your device.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The camera is link to many different applications other then just the Camera app it's self. Take the gallery for example, it too is linked to the camera. I would revoke all the permissions for the camera on each app until you can locate which app is causing this. It definitely sounds like a bug in an app, one that you probably just recently installed or updated. if this helps please mark this as the solution.
0 Likes
themanwashere
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just put my phone on safe mode and the camera app is still randomly openig on its own. I did a PlayStore scane and it saw nothing. I think it's a bug in the Camera app. Can anyone form Samsung help me with this?

0 Likes
userEvVzV2fT5S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The same thing is happening to me. I don't think this is an app problem. I disallowed camera access to all applications and it's still opening. This has been happening since the latest update about a week ago. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

I would try wiping the system cache partition on the device to see if that helps any.

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to select.
Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select the Reboot system now.
The device restarts once the wipe is finished.

Last but not least, if you are still experiencing the same symptoms after performing a system cache wipe, I would fully back up the device and try to factory reset. If that still doesn't help, I would recommend having the device to be evaluated by a certified technician at a UBreakIFix location. They will be able to take a better look at what's going on with your device.

themanwashere
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

The factory reset did not work for me. Instead, I had it checked by a Samsung service center after the factory reset. They looked at all the potential hardware issues, including a possible problem with the S Pen, and nothing was found to be defective. They just updated the software. So far, no issues with the camera app opening.

The best bet is to have a service center check it. I personally feel like the issue started occurring when I downloaded a software update back in July. 

0 Likes