Original topic:

Notification Panel won't show

(Topic created: 07-18-2022 05:09 AM)
honeyhamster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Been having this problem for a couple of weeks. My notification panel shows when i'm on my home screen but on any other app it will not show. If I'm watching a video on youtube in landscape mode it works but other than that it will not show. Any help would be appreciated. I have a Galaxy Note 10+ if that helps.
3 Replies
PowerUser
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Are you running any apps that customize your home screen and app drawer at all? You need to provide more information other than what you've given.
honeyhamster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have my icons changed from something from the Galaxy Store, but I don't have anything else that would change my home screen. It's been installed for awhile and I have changed it back to the original icons and the problem still is present.
0 Likes
ZaCloud
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did it seem to coincide with having installed the last Android update or two? Some people are having problems with various aspects of their phones after the "stability" (hah!) & security updates.

Try first clearing all app cache (First section of this tutorial: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-clear-cache-on-samsung-galaxy ).

Then, try wiping the cache partition. Here's a tutorial video. (Note: connecting it to a PC may or may not be necessary, it seems to depend on each user, maybe their locale.)

https://youtu.be/CGTO5ojae1k

(Though the fact that some people DO have to do that is ridiculous, especially since it used to work fine without that before version updates. Not everyone owns a PC anymore, Samsung! Most shell out for expensive phones because they're a substitute for computers! Making people have to come in to service centers to hook up their phones just to wipe cache or do a factory reset, making people pay a tech when they used to be able to fix many problems on their own for free... NOT COOL, GUYS! 😠)

...Anyway, please let us know if this helps or not. Cuz I'm holding off on installing the updates myself until I know that any problems they might cause are reversible.

0 Likes