JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SoundAlive keeps crashing

(Topic created: 02-28-2020 01:12 PM)
user9vCljwNkvs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi.I have Note 9. After update to Android 10, SoundAlive keeps crashing. I try to clear cache, force stop app, still no success.

Please help!

18 Replies
Samsung_6zBXFd1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same phone and mine is doin the same

0 Likes
Samsung_ZwvnY5Z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue with mine. Now my sound is awful. 

0 Likes
userdIw5MoNyWp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same probablem here, although I believe my app quit working before my Android upgraded to 10. I can't even access "Sound quality and effects," in the settings menu. So how does this work, we wait for someone to suggest a fix? A

Then the thread will notify of new posts?

userRTCE9cLeiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I updated the sound assistant app, you can update it via Google play site, solved all my issues, now no crashes and now able to access the sound quality and effects...good luck x 

0 Likes
userRTCE9cLeiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
SoundAssistant https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.soundassistant
0 Likes
userQQMC8LoQbn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userRTCE9cLeiu wrote:

I updated the sound assistant app, you can update it via Google play site, solved all my issues, now no crashes and now able to access the sound quality and effects...good luck x 

Where did you find the update? I only found Sound Assistant which does nothing whatsoever. 

Really frustrated, it worked initially when I did the update yesterday 

0 Likes
userQQMC8LoQbn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just upgraded my S9 Plus and Soundalive keeps crashing on it.

Great friggin job Samsung !!!

please fix this ASAP 

0 Likes
Solution
userQQMC8LoQbn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have actually found what is causing the issue on my phone and I can re create it every time.

Yesterday I did a 2nd full reset from recovery and right after booting in to the phone Sound Alive worked. I then carefully did the stock updates and it still continued to work. I continued installing a few apps testing each time and again saw no issues. Yesterday evening I was tweaking my settings to my liking and I made an adjustment to the "Screen Zoom" in the Display section. I typically have it to the far right position so I made the change. I don't know what made me go to SoundAlive but it wouldn't open then crashed! I went straight back to the screen zoom setting and this time put it in the middle postion and Hey Presto SoundAlive worked again !!

I can confirm the problem on my phone only exists if the screen zoom setting is over to the far right

Kewldad007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I set my zoom to the middle and the advance sound now works.  Thanks for the info.

0 Likes