cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Note5User
Constellation

Wireless Charging Paused message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 5 will not work with Samsung Wireless Chargers.  I am currently using a Nokia wireless charger without issue and can use the pads at Starbucks without issue.

Purchased the new Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand prior to my Marhmallow update.  Worked fine for about two weeks and then it stopped (about 10 days ago).  After that whenever the phone was placed in the cradle it would connect and then about 5 seconds later the screen would flash the message "wireless charging paused' and charging woudl stop.  Tried placing the phone in various positions, with and without cover, after reboot, etc. without success.  Went to Verizon and completely stumped them.  Placed in the same charger in the store and replicated the problem.  Placed in an older wireless charger at the store and it worked fine.  Tried the Daydream setting and that did not fix the problem.

Verizon suggested installing the Marshmallow update to see if that would fix the problem.  Loaded the update and now I don't get the message and it still does not work and now I have to deal with the other Marshmallow issues.

Thought it might be the fast charger so I tried the Samsung Galaxy Wireless Charging Pad.  Tried all the same things and it still did not work.  Turned on Daydream and it worked (however I don't want the phone to sit on daydream).  So I am back to using my trusty Nokia charger and returning all my Samsung products to the store. 

Could Samsung really have that big of a design flaw with what should be compatible products?

I sent a note to the Samsung service center and they were useless.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Wireless Charging Paused message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, everyone. It is great to have you in our Samsung Community and we are glad to see you reaching out to your fellow members for assistance. We recommend checking your Galaxy Apps store and Play Store for any updates. In the play store go to menu, then my apps & games. Here you can select to update all or select applications. In the Galaxy apps store you will select the more option on the top, then tap my apps. Here you will click update and your device will show you which applications require update. After completing this, you may clear the cached partition of your device. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. Once this is complete. You will navigate to the reboot system option and use the power button to select this. If you are still experiencing problems, we would recommend including additional information about your devices. This would include your full model number, the model number of your charger, your current baseband, and any troubleshooting steps you may have already taken. This may assist us and the community to better evaluate what you are experiencing and provide quicker resolutions. 

View solution in original post

220 REPLIES 220
Majjah
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with the Samsung wireless pod.

user93p8wyth3W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too

user6WKhyJXEEa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If I remove my shock absorbent none Samsung case on my note it the wireless charging will commence but who wants to to do that everyday.
userebivsBEfwl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been following this thread for a while and I am having the exact same problem and only 1 Samsung wireless charger is having this issue. The issue remains the same "Wireless Charging Paused" message pops up after a few seconds on the stand.

I tried the following:

1. cleared the cache.

2. installed latest updates.

3. changed the usb/micro usb cord.

4. changed the brick/ charger that plugs to the wall.

ibeetle
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue and exchanged unit five times!

Update! Samsung Fast Wireless charger is now a paper weight!

Just purchased an iPhone 7 plus after I had to return my Samsung Note 7 (recall)

userQsQKp79UOA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

right move!  Samsung is not willing to resolute the issue. :-(

Haterado
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this issue. Just got the phone and charger less than a month ago. 

jblack31166
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had no trouble with the regular charging pad, but with the high speed I just bought, same thing.  My daughter's s7 works fine on it, so it is the note 5 software.  Samsung support wanted to do a hard reset but I'm upgrading to the note 7, and that is to much work to trade it in in a month

Beaner
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Note 5 I bought 3 weeks ago. I am having the same problem and would love for someone to tell me what to do.  I was told I may need to trade in my brand new 3 week old  phone in for refurbished one.  I just paid for a new phone and now you want to give me a used one.  I don't understand why Samsung would do that.  My phone is under warranty so why cant i get a new phone?