JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Allow disabling Secure Wifi bloatware

(Topic created: 09-28-2018 06:51 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

With the latest update it added the Secure Wifi bloatware that now warns you every time you connect to "unsecure" wifi.  Allow disabling this Samsung!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

I have the galaxy S9. 

I have secure Wi-Fi listed in Wi-Fi settings advanced settings. It is not activated by default. In order to use it you first have to agree to the terms and conditions and then activate it. If you don't want to pay for its premium service you get 250 mb of free bandwidth each month. 

I chose not to use it. I don't have any pop-up notifications associated with it. 

You might try going into settings /Apps/  select Secure Wi-Fi / tap on the storage entry and clear the cache and data. Tap the back key and find the notifications entry on the list and turn off the notifications.

It's runs at startup but only holds about 12 mb of memory. It's just another app or service option on my phone that I don't use but a lot of people use every day. 

View solution in context

19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

try that in safe mode? if u still sees the pop up, then it is what it is. however if u dont see the pop up again in safe mode, then u have to uninstall one by one of the apps to find out which app is causing it

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a built in feature of the phone after the latest phone update. It's not a third party app.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

doesn't hurt to try. any apps that u have can cause the built in feature to act abnormal. cuz i dont see that in mine. att gs9.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I should also note that I have the US Unlocked Galaxy S9.  Also it started popping up after the August 1st security patch that Samsung pushed out.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

what is the carrier that u use? what's the software build number from the settings > about phone?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Carrier is Cricket not that it matters because this phone gets updates straight from Samsung.  Build it's running is R16NW.G960U1UES3ARI1.  This needs to go to Samsung devs.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

that's where u r mistaken. even for the unlocked phones, samsung has to get approved by the carrier. that's y ppl get the updates all different times.

anyway i would factory reset and see if that helps. if not, then take it to ubreakifix for a diagnosis. worst case scenario, exchange.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung does not get approved by the carrier for it's Factory Unlocked Phones.  It's nothing wrong with the phone, it's a software update that Samsung pushed out that is wanting you to pay for secure wifi.  See screenshots.

https://image.ibb.co/h5Ykrp/Screenshot_20180928_165107_Secure_Wi_Fi.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/hzb5rp/Screenshot_20180928_165103_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

how u know samsung doesn't get approved by carriers for the factory unlocked phones? lol do u work for samsung? lol

0 Likes