JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Conference Call issues

(Topic created: 03-20-2020 02:36 PM)
userXB3KD15heD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone updates a week ago and I'm not sure what happened but the conference call feature doesnt merge calls. HELP.. I use this for work and now I'm stuck. I've powered it on and off. Works for one day then back to the same issue. Tried powering it on and off again and it doesnt work. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you had an update to your software recently?

- If yes, here are some best practices after a software update:

1. Test your device in safe mode. Give this link a try for safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

2. Force stop and clear the cache and data for the apps you are experience the symptoms with.

3. Wipe the cache partition on your device:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

4. If you are still continue to experience these symptoms I would recommend factory resetting your device. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

Give this link a try for factory resetting your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a software reflash on your device. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship the device in for service. 

If you wish to ship your device in for a software reflash, can you please provide me with the following information so I can assist you further: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you had an update to your software recently?

- If yes, here are some best practices after a software update:

1. Test your device in safe mode. Give this link a try for safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

2. Force stop and clear the cache and data for the apps you are experience the symptoms with.

3. Wipe the cache partition on your device:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

4. If you are still continue to experience these symptoms I would recommend factory resetting your device. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

Give this link a try for factory resetting your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a software reflash on your device. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship the device in for service. 

If you wish to ship your device in for a software reflash, can you please provide me with the following information so I can assist you further: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

isaaca68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
i could not find marge call icon on my note 9
0 Likes
jtgordher
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have note 20+. I cannot conference call feature on phone.
for $1200.00 the thing should do conference calls and bring me dinner and a date.
0 Likes
jtgordher
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
cannot update over mobile data. I do have wifi but it's my phone and acts as a mobile Hotspot. thus is a ridiculous feature since I cannot use wifi that I've been paying $120 montjly to art and have no use for ot if I cannot use with my phone. it defeats the entire reason I wanted it.. before I had a small wifi router that I paid the same monthly payment for and could use with my phone. No wifi isn't free. I'm told that evrtyyime att slows down my connection because I've gone over 16 gs in 2 weeks and I don't use public wifi. Ever.
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes