cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYh3wb7jbJ3
Constellation

System UI has stopped Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to to press my home button to clear my apps, but a message appeared that my system UI has unfortunatley stopped. My screen went black and then my homescreen disappeared,  Does anyone know how to fix the System UI?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user3gB4CqJ2Aj
Asteroid

Re: System UI has stopped Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem and nothing could help me. Fortunately, I found the solution:

1)Navigate your device "Settings";

2) Select "Applications", tap on "Menu";

3) Select "Show system application" in pull-down menu;

4) Then find "System Interface" among all applications. In "Memory" section perform clearing all data and cache. https://android-fix.com/android-errors/41-unfortunately-system-ui-has-stopped.html

118 REPLIES 118
userg6Dpa07cv5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my S4. Every time I push and hold the home button, the UI message pops up. Then my wallpaper goes back to a stock image. Won't let ne get to my app manager screen where I can close out individual or all apps. Please forward any info you get if you find a fix.

usergSuBf241G2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userg6Dpa07cv5 wrote:

I'm having the same issue with my S4. Every time I push and hold the home button, the UI message pops up. Then my wallpaper goes back to a stock image. Won't let ne get to my app manager screen where I can close out individual or all apps. Please forward any info you get if you find a fix.

user5UBl3ykXOJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much it worked 

usermVfWym7IAL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my Sony xperia phone but my phone totally crashed couldn't open it at all. 

What I had to do was reset the phone first I literally had a fraction of a second to do this as my phone would totally crash in seconds, but after I managed to reset it I went into play store and downloaded - restart system ui- and do exactly as it tells you to do then Google will contact you and fix the problem 

It worked for my phone 

usermVfWym7IAL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my Sony xperia phone but my phone totally crashed couldn't open it at all. 

What I had to do was restart the phone first then you need to reset the phone I literally had a fraction of a second to do this as my phone would totally crash in seconds, but after I managed to reset it I went into play store and downloaded - restart system ui- and do exactly as it tells you to do then Google will contact you and fix the problem 

It worked for my phone 

Pexarz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should uninstall this app(basically uninstall the updates of the app).Google updated their app and for some reason,whenever I press the home button on my Note 3,it would give me the system.ui has stopped error.Once I uninstalled the app,I was able to hold my home button to clear all my apps again.

Uninstall this --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

Source of solution : http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/763338-how-can-i-fix-com-android-systemui-has-stopped-...

Edit : You can also choose to not auto update the app by tapping the 3 dots on the top right corner on the app page in the playstore incase the app chooses to update itself again even after you uninstalled the updates.

userWux01KnhFH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Omg thank you so much.  It really worked.  I was so afraid i had done something to mess up my tablet i was really upset.  Again thanks so much! 

userwlAY3VcZIr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much!
userJzL42OZvnw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstalling google worked for me.