JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't access apps from search menu

(Topic created: 03-21-2022 02:42 PM)
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I hide some of my apps from the main app menu and now when i search for them to use them it shows the app but when I press it, the toast message says "menu not currently available". This is since the update yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this? And is there a quick fix? Now I have to unhide to use them which is annoying...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the settings for your applications and then go to the Samsung default applications and look for Finder Open the settings and turn on the option to show hidden apps and the error message should go away

View solution in context

19 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the settings for your applications and then go to the Samsung default applications and look for Finder Open the settings and turn on the option to show hidden apps and the error message should go away
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. It didn't work by itself but I also changed another setting and it works now how it used to - now it shows the actual app. Thank you!!
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I also have hidden apps but after my phone started to learn my habits with smart suggestions and the recommended application feature it remembers used apps
0 Likes
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah that's how it was for me before too. Hopefully it gets back there soon. Thank you again!!
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You are very welcome and please don't hesitate to contact us via the Samsung members app. Happy first day of Spring
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Will do! Happy first day of spring to you too!
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It's the second day LOL jet lag creates massive effects
0 Likes
User288
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you tell me the other setting you've changed? I have exact the same situation since the last update and I can't get it to work with the Finder setting only. Thanks!

0 Likes
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello Im so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I switched show suggested apps to on as well
0 Likes