JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Data Stored deleted on Phone

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 09:56 AM)
Eduhappy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

From google chrome I went to the three dots at the top right of my phone, selected settings, selected site settings and started deleting a lot of data. Items I recognized I kept. In doing this I found that I can't access certain sites. I'm receiving the emails, but when I click on the site to access it it comes up as "Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."  I went to chrome and tried to access the site and I get the same message. My third-party cookies are enabled. HELP!!!

In addition, some sites I try to access via chrome showed a message to check browser console.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduhappy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the input, but I figured it out. I had to turn on the On-device site data.

Thanks again!

View solution in context

3 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Oy. Don't you know not to delete things you don't recognize? Just because you do not know what they are, doesn't mean they are not important. If this only happens in chrome, I would first suggest uninstalling chrome, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling it. You can also use a different browser and see if you can acess the sites you can't with chrome. In general, you don't want to mess with anything Google on your phone unless you absolutely, positively, without a doubt know what it is/does. If you were trying to clear space on your phone, the best way to do it is to go to your phone settings, apps, then choose your app, select storage and then click the clear cache. You should actually do this regularly for browsers , social media apps and other cache hogs.
posted88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
go to about app , uninstall last update. then update chrome
Solution
Eduhappy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the input, but I figured it out. I had to turn on the On-device site data.

Thanks again!