JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Apps Crashing on S21

(Topic created: 03-22-2021 06:21 PM)
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had this new S21 for about 4 weeks now worth only minor issues.  Today,  first Outlook will not open,  then,  when trying to reboot,  bixby crashes not allowing to reboot the phone.  When trying to look up answers on Google,  it crashes too! Has anyone had this issue? I'm not a newbie,  I've had Galaxies since S8 and upgraded to this from S20 Ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
The BOSS lady
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

UPDATE: Early this morning/late last night Google released new versions of Android System WebView & Google Chrome. If you are experiencing constant app closure/crashes, please open Google Play Store and update both apps to the latest version.

Google has provided more details and steps for updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome as well as how to manually update WebView or Chrome if the update of either app fails to complete.  

https://support.google.com/android/thread/103561027?hl=en

“To resolve this issue, Android System WebView and Google Chrome need to be updated. Google Play will soon download the update to these apps on affected devices, or you can update manually to resolve the issue immediately. Some devices do not have WebView pre-installed and only need to update Chrome.

To manually update Android System WebView and Google Chrome right now:

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. Search for “Android System WebView.”
  3. Select Update. If it doesn't say “Update”, skip this step.
  4. Repeat these steps for Google Chrome

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

36 Replies
userqRy9c3DJxN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having same issues now on my S10
RomesInMil
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a very similar issue with my s20 as of this afternoon random apps just crash immediately
Playerhater
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here alll apps are crashing
0 Likes
glr1989
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Uninstall android system web view. seems to be an issue going on. but once I did this, it seemed to fix it.
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I just saw that, I'm reinstalling Outlook and hoping that fixed the issue.
ycf22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks.it works
Ddpool
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just did this and it's working for now!
ycf22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
i have the same issue.on my s20 Ultra
0 Likes
userRSfhaWk9qr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
crashing on sg9, too
0 Likes