JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Quick Share will not turn off

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 09:54 AM)
boltontm173
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I cannot get QuickShare to turn off. When I pull down from the menu and tap on the blue icon to turn off it just takes me to the settings, but theres no option to turn this feature off. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
You mean this icon (Nearby share)?

Turning off Bluetooth will turn this off, but I think we might need to wait for the software update to remove this 'Nearby Share' since it has been merged with 'Quick Share'1708453735457.jpg

View solution in context

7 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Just select "No one" to 'turn off' the quick share
boltontm173
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I do not get a popup or anything that says that.

0 Likes
boltontm173
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have it set to no one but it still shows active under the quick settings bar

Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
You mean this icon (Nearby share)?

Turning off Bluetooth will turn this off, but I think we might need to wait for the software update to remove this 'Nearby Share' since it has been merged with 'Quick Share'1708453735457.jpg
boltontm173
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, thats the icon. Thank you for your help. Ever since the update my battery life has been in the tank so I have been trying to disable and turn off things like this.

0 Likes
Cmnutting
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have also selected 'No one'. But it seems to be keeping it on for other devices I'm logged into to be be able to share the files. I want to , but cannot seem to, turn this off completely 

SasukeNYC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here, it appears to turn off only when you shut off the Bluetooth function completely. Im with you though, I don't feel comfortable seeing it stay on though. Honestly frustrating to see it stay on.