JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra lagging or unresponsive

(Topic created: 03-23-2021 11:07 AM)
Vics_S10E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Recently when using my Ultra I've had issues when unlocking it, the phone becomes super laggy and unresponsive for a while then goes back to normal. Anyone else having this issue? I know not every phone can be perfect but for $1,200 its a bit disappointing to be experiencing these problems so soon. Hopefully a future update can resolve this 

28 Replies
jimbohh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
great fone
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
are all your apps updated?? Google and Samsung... new operating system.??
sounds like the phones trying to update something.. in the back ground and it hasn't been able to... check for all your updates and then restart you phone.. see if that helps
VladislavV87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Everything is updated to the latest version and it starts lagging once or twice a week. The phone is getting restarted and optimized every week. That's doesn't fix that issue.
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Generally with crashing/lagging issues it is recommended to clear the cache partition of the phone. SamsungRei has some steps previously in the thread that may help. Additionally you can load the phone into safe mode to see if the lagging/crashing stops when its just the preinstalled apps/services. If the issue does not happen in safe mode, its likely an app at fault. If these steps are not helpful, I'd recommend a service repair. You can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Or by contacting our customer service team at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Roge717
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Same happened to me also. Usually restarting fixes that. I have it set to restart once a week just in case.
ChaChance
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This phone is a upgrade from my s10. I was iffy about upgrading but after seeing the reviews, I started to look forward to it.

I am experiencing lag when scrolling or small jolts when opening or closing apps. I have followed the basic steps. Have anyone else seen this issue. 

The battery over heating went away after the update. But this is picking at me.
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

You can try to lower the animation time, makes it feel way more snappy. Go into setting > About phone> Software information > click Build number 5x > go back to setting and scroll all the way down to Developer options > scroll down until you see the group 'drawing' > under there look for Window animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale and set all of them to .5x

userFFlNUM1Uox
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Didn't work  either 

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

are you using one ui launcher or 3rd party launcher? 

0 Likes