JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

apps missing from app drawer after update

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 04:29 AM)
userBSxNRSut4Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Some of my apps suddenly went missing from my home screen and app drawer. Its still on my phone and can be opened from the app manager. I checked and none of the apps are hidden. I have no idea what happened. I tried restarting my phone several times and looking through the settings for a solution. If I go to the play store and search the apps, they are showing installed properly. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KryptoKingz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the fix! I only use Go Launcher and I can confirm that THAT isn't the issue as my apps were missing also in ONEUI. You have to use a DIFFERENT Go Launcher app!! I installed Go Launcher 3D and updated it!. Once I opened Go Launcher 3D, all my apps were there in the app drawer!

View solution in context

24 Replies
Members_1nmxXeo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have exactly the same problem.

0 Likes
userVIwkmMikkl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue. S22 Ultra - after installing Update 5 this morning. Very few apps on the home screens and in the app drawer. All apps are still on the device (Settings > Apps) and can be launched, but no shortcut/icon on the home screen or app drawer. Very unacceptable. I've found several references to this happening; but, I've not seen anyone fix it yet. I'm hoping this is a little bug that can be fixed without too much trouble.

0 Likes
userC8Nv5S0VmP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I went to my Tmobile store today to see if they knew of a fix for this problem. It seems to be new so I won't be surprised if more people show up with the problem. They offered to upgrade me to an S21Fe for $700

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

which carrier? and what's your current software version? about phone > software info > last 4 characters of build number

0 Likes
userBSxNRSut4Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My carrier is Verizon and the last four characters in the build number is CVE8.

0 Likes
userVIwkmMikkl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm also with Verizon and have the same baseband version ending in CVE8. My build number ends in AVF1. 

My issue seems to a non-stock launcher that I use. When I switch back to the stock launcher, all the apps are there. I have reached out to the developers of the other laucher to see if they can update it so that this issue is resolved.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

which 3rd party launcher were you using?

0 Likes
userBSxNRSut4Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

GO launcher.  I even tried to switch to the samsung home screen and microsoft homescreen. The apps were still missing in the app drawer.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

oh so this happens with One UI launcher as well huh 

what were the apps that went missing from the home screen and app drawer? 

0 Likes