JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bring Back Auto Restart

(Topic created: 03-18-2023 04:20 PM)
usery2BX0WcJsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey Samsung, you need to bring back the auto restart to S22 Ultra! Auto optimization does not function nearly as well as auto-restart did when I set it to restart my phone each day. I never experienced unwelcome or inconvenient restarts and this was always the best way of keeping my phone at peak efficiency with minimal user intervention. Not sure why you eliminated auto-restart, but it was a bad decision. Please bring it back. 🙏🏻 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Scottthreet45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
it's thereScreenshot_20230319_073611_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
usery2BX0WcJsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your screenshot. This shows the auto-optimization option, which is not the same as auto restart. The former will restart your phone when it 'thinks' your phone needs it, which may be less often than once daily. Auto restart will restart your phone on a schedule at a time of your choosing. Personally, I like the ability to control when it restarts. Ideally, the auto restart option -- if it's brought back, should present the ability to restart more than once daily. When I purchased my phone in May of 2022, I needed to restart it between one and two times daily, although presently, with all of the software updates that have been applied, restarting it daily seems sufficient, but if I want to do that on a daily basis, I must do it manually unless I just let auto-optimization do it when it gets good and ready.
useriS1QdtUO5D
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Agree! My network loses connection on my 21FE without the auto restart and now I need to manually restart my phone to get connected to the network! This and Bluetooth sound issues are making me rethink staying with Android or Samsung.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes