Original topic:

Phone dialer issue

(Topic created: 11-27-2023 06:30 PM)
userMliC4okx4N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a Galaxy S23 plus, with Verizon. Once in a while when I dial any number with the stock phone dialer, the dialing terminates even before the first ring and goes back to the dial keypad. Once it happens, no matter how many times I redial, it keeps terminating the dialing process instantly. Then I have to reboot the phone and it works. I was hoping the Android 14 update will fix the issue but it's still there, as I faced the problem again today. I don't know if I have to factory reset the phone because it's a lengthy process, but not sure if it fixes the problem. I tried clearing the cache for the phone dialer app but it's still there.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
It's frustrating to experience persistent issues with your phone's dialing function. Before considering a factory reset, you can try a few more troubleshooting steps:

1. **Clear Phone App Data:** Instead of just clearing the cache, try clearing the data for the Phone app. This won't delete your contacts but will reset app settings. Go to Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Data.

2. **Safe Mode:** Boot your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing the issue. If the problem doesn't occur in Safe Mode, a recently installed app might be the culprit.

3. **Check for App Updates:** Ensure that your Phone app is up to date. Go to the Google Play Store, search for the Phone app, and update it if necessary.

4. **Reset App Preferences:** Go to Settings > Apps > More options (three dots) > Reset app preferences. This won't delete your data but will reset app settings.

5. **Contact Samsung Support:** If the issue persists, it might be worth reaching out to Samsung support. They can provide more specific guidance and might be aware of any known issues with your device model.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, you might need to consider a factory reset as a last resort. Always ensure you have a backup of your important data before performing a factory reset.
0 Likes
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
If u haven't already, and actually have apps installed that could effect this setting like a keyboard app for ex u downloaded to make ur keyboard layout look better let's say or something like that that possibly could but just go thru it & uninstall ones that could've messed with that or any part of that dial or keypad function keyboards apps, etc & clear the data/cache & uninstall then try it. id also look at ur Phone app settings make sure it looks right or reset to it's default settings if it's got the button to do that id try it but that's all I could think of that would fix it without a bigger prob just basic stuff if do. Its odd I'll give ya that. Lol did u happen to notice it after an update at all of any kind play store Android etc if ya did it could be that or programs installed right around the same time it started to happen maybe...
0 Likes
Kai737
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Try turning the phone off for a day or two. Then, if the problem persists, Remove the SIM Card, make sure the contacts aren't dirty. Then try a hard reset. And lastly, contact Verizon or Samsung Support. Hope this helped! -Kai737