JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra Cellular / Mobile Intermittent

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
KDale
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Started noticing it on a cross state trip that I was losing service and areas that I normally had service and my phone was saying I had service by showing me bars. Now it is progressively gotten worse as I drop calls, texts are sporadic at best if using SMS, and I just cant rely on the phone when not on WIFI.

I have tried a multitude of things including:

Changing APN -worked for a little bit but phone always reverts back to default APN, also not sure if long term it would still have issues as I can never tell when it reverts back to default APN.

Airplane on-off- seems to help sometimes restart a decent connection and it will allow the phone to work for awhile (sometimes not always)

Reset Mobile Network Settings/ Reset All Settings-  Seemed to work more consistently than airplane mode on-off but still not 100% effective

Resetting from ATT - apparently they do a reset which seems about as effective as mobile network settings reset, still not 100%..

Hard Reset- No real impact, works initially and then same issues pop up

Wipe cache- Same, no real impact

I am at my wits end. Been a Samsung User since the original Note and frustrated that a 1k device has lost 75% of its functionality and my options via samsung chat were trade it in for an s24 ultra for 600 bucks and I will still be making payments on the S23... 

I had a screen replaced 5-6 months ago I am thinking I will go get it checked and verified no lose connections but I am running out of things to check.

Any ideas suggestions are greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Your first call for connectivity issues should be your carrier. It is likely not the phone itself. Your carrier may have to reprovision your phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't know if they're the same as Verizon but when I was having issues with my service they had to go into a deeper setting in the phone and reset something in the programming on their end maybe try calling AT&t and asking if that is a possibility
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Your first call for connectivity issues should be your carrier. It is likely not the phone itself. Your carrier may have to reprovision your phone.
0 Likes