Original topic:

Google Assistant Blocked Notifications

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 04:20 PM)
Lillsey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, so it seems Google Assistant isn't giving me any notifications. My old phone gave me reminders of appointments, news stories, upcoming events reminders, bills due etc etc...

For some reason this phone won't the box is grayed out and cannot be changed.

I have tried many things, changed loads of settings. The only thing I haven't tried is a hard reset.

Screenshot_20240325_231656_Settings.jpg

Help please!

Update. I cleared the app cache and phone cache.

Contacted Google aswell, no luck. 

Defo Samsung UI or Bixby issue (removing Bixby now, takes 5 days apparently)

7 Replies
Lillsey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Surely an expert should know something? 

0 Likes
cdareality
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having the same issue. Please keep us up to date. 

Lillsey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Kinda annoying one of my fav features of being on Andriod doesn't work on arguably the best phone right now. 

Surely someone at Samsung knows why, we can't be the only ones with this issue!!

Brendan_D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same.  I was getting them, then the day I switched from a Pixel 8 pro to the Galaxy S24 Ultra, I stopped receiving them.  I can see in my Google notifications history the last day I received the notification was the day I got this phone.  

0 Likes
Brendan_D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got the commute notification back.  I said "hey Google, read me my notifications".  Assistant came up and replied "in order to read your notifications, you need to enable it", or something along those lines.  It took me to a screen where I had to toggle on notifications for the Google app.  

Alternatively you can go to settings, notifications, app notifications, then toggle Google on.  

But I can confirm, I got commute back just now, and my Assistant notifications are still showing as blocked just like in the screenshot OP posted.  

0 Likes
User180424
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same symptom but what disturb me is when say hey google it opens but no mic open sound, maybe my solution is work for you too, 

For your problem maybe you can try say okay google then open google assistant settings. Then open notifications,phone, scroll down for notification category.

it takes about 2 hours to solve sound  problems for me, i want to share this to anyone who have the same problems too, at least it works for me,

i assume there is 3 steps, the first is the most important step:

1. go to settings, accessibility, installed apps, or maybe it different in your phone, your target is activate voice access

2. re-enable the mic open close notification in google assistant settings, you can say ok google, open google assistant setting then go to accessibility, if it already enabled, please disable it then re-enable it again

3. at last try to restart and test it,

thats it, as i say, it works for me, hope this help anyone who need it

Note: my assistant option for allow notification is still grey, but now the mic open close notification is working

0 Likes
counselorLA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I used to say "hey Google" and the voice would acknowledge. Now it's just a popup "showing" "how can I help" with no sound. I can't get that voice to acknowledge Hey Google anymore. Notifications are blocked and grayed out so I can't turn it on. What could possibly gray out the notification option?? Please help.

0 Likes