Original topic:

Overheating S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 06-08-2024 08:39 AM)
Jaysamsunglover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey! I've been having a lot of overheating issues lately especially in the upper left corner of the device which is an s24 ultra. I've done a lot of troubleshooting steps, some of them include wiping partition cache, optimizing the phone, turning off ram plus, disable all the apps in the background, updated all the apps in the background, try to software update, and try and get on light mode / power saving mode. Unfortunately none of those worked. I raised this issue with Samsung and I sent my phone in and they said there was nothing wrong with my phone surprisingly, so they did nothing to my phone. When they sent it back the phone was straight up overheating/ getting very hot. When it gets hot in the upper left corner it starts to spread across the phone. And I also checked for malware and my device is safe. It also doesn't show the pop up of the overheating message, but they phone gets above 45°c. And even without a case off. It's also not because of the environment. I also did try a battery status reset and it did not work. And I also did try the guardian app, it didn't work either. So is there anyone that can help me with my issue? 
15 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Download the Good Guardians app from the Samsung store, and then the Thermal Guardian module. It may give you some insight into what's happening at the time your phone is heating up (ie, high CPU usage) and then you can set certain parameters to assist in temperature control.

0 Likes
Jaysamsunglover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried that as well, it didn't work, and unfortunately it doesn't tell me 😔
Options
Galaxy S24
My Galaxy S24 Ultra also has this problem 😅
Even when idle sometimes it gets very warm...
Jaysamsunglover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
YESS literally
Options
Galaxy S24
It's like around the middle too 😅
It got so bad I had to stuff it in my freezer for 10 mins 😆
Jaysamsunglover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
LMAOOO
Options
Galaxy S24
Loll I'm so scared something will happen to the phone 😅😆
I cannot afford to lose this phone since is my main phone and my backup phone isn't too good lolll
Jaysamsunglover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
YESS, your so right!
Options
Galaxy S24
Loll the only reason I was able to get this phone was cuz I got to trade in my Galaxy note10 😋