With the newest software update all google apps, e.g. maps, photos, chrome, which could previously have Icon frames turned off now have permanent farmes. Is this intended or a bug which can be resolved.
The icons look better without frames and its annoying i cant turn them off
Solved! Go to Solution.
It works this way:
1. Change theme to Default - apply
2. Go to Settings/Display/Icons frames - change to Icons only
3. Switch to your previous/favorite theme
4. Go to Icons theme/My icons and apply Default icon theme
5. See your desktop, icons are without frames
Tested on Samsung S9
I have the same issue. Yes, it is set for icons only (no frames), it used to work well for all icons in Nougat, however in Oreo most Google apps (not all) and Sleep as Android still have a frame despite this setting.
Have you guys tried placing your phone in safe mode? Safe mode will disable all third-party apps.
To get into safe mode, just do the following:
Let me know how this works.