JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 11-06-2019 12:34 AM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
80 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userl4MJ0kPn8h I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
RustyLion
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SamsungAdam, I have had my watch for approximately a month and it now constantly shows the watch cooling message, occasionally shuts down. I find it hard to believe it is an overuse issue as this happens in a 20 deg C room, with Bluetooth On, Always on Display Off, and Network set to Auto On/Off. I am not talking or playing music from the watch, it displays this issue just from doing nothing.

I am really disappointed and will be returning it if there is not a fix. 

0 Likes
userKA5depZXCo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem.  Have had the watch for about 2 weeks, and it gave me an overheating error yesterday twice.  Grrr

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNYE7HyMIMb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow I thought my watch doing this was just a fluke. Mine is overheating while using spotify or on it for too long in general. I've only had the watch a little over a week too. Also when it over heats it KILLS the battery immediately draining it. Today I was playing spotify while at the gym and after being there 20 mins the watch overheated and went from 70 to 22 percent battery. What a shame

0 Likes
userYueXlwPOKX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue with my watch I had it for 2days now and it just heats up and shuts down too quickly

0 Likes
userwA8DbWcdml
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought these from t mobile and have had the overheating message on mine for weeks. I've returned it several ti es and gotten a different one each time. Still get the overheating message and the battery drains so fast. We called samsung and the customer support told us that theres really nothing to do besides trade it in until you get one that doesnt do it. Considering the price, it's super disappointing that it cant hold up to the smallest tasks.

0 Likes
useryM7OW5iqrz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having same issue.....cant believe how hot it gets....very dangerous.  I am afraid to charge for fear of fire or causing burna.

0 Likes
userspFKBG95zK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Haven't even had mine 24 hours, and it keeps overheating like crazy. It happened just after I asked the watch to optimize the battery settings. I have bluetooth turned off, wifi turned off, health tracking turned off, and I'm just sitting inside doing nothing. There is literally no reason it should be overheating. Not even 24 hours and I'm deffinatley considering returning it: way to expensive a piece of tec just for it to overheat when you're trying to add contacts. 

0 Likes
users5E1D3gn9X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was given a Samsung Active 2 watch for christmas, it was working fine for 2 weeks but now it continaully overheats and shuts down. It won't charge and when it finally does the battery does not last for more than 2 hrs after it keeps overheating and shutting down. I am not even using the functions of the watch simply wearing it. I have tried troubleshooting with Samsung Support and they were unable to offer any resolutions. What is the next step as the wath was over $700 and does not work 

0 Likes