Original topic:

Factory reset

(Topic created: 05-03-2022 12:21 PM)
usertLuomPwkBq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received my new Samsung 4 watch.  Since I am selling my Active 2 watch, I would like to factory reset it, how do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the need of resetting your Galaxy active 2 watch and would be happy to assist you further. 

If you decide to give your watch to a family member (how sweet!), or if you just want a fresh start, you should reset the watch. All of your personal data will be removed and the watch will restore back to its default settings, so you won't have to worry about personal info still being on it. You can reset your watch using the Settings or Reboot mode on the watch, or with the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. 

Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, phone, or watch. When you reset a LTE watch that has active service, you may need to contact your service provider to reactivate service for the watch again.

Give this link a try for resetting your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

View solution in context

6 Replies
Techaman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
On watch go to settings
Then scroll down to general
Then bottom reset
usertLuomPwkBq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That didnt work.  It is still trying to connect to my phone.  

0 Likes
Techaman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
it will always try to connect to a phone. you just want your data of the watch.
Techaman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also don't forget you need to remove the device from your gear wear as it's called now Galaxy wear devices
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
What model, LTE or BT?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the need of resetting your Galaxy active 2 watch and would be happy to assist you further. 

If you decide to give your watch to a family member (how sweet!), or if you just want a fresh start, you should reset the watch. All of your personal data will be removed and the watch will restore back to its default settings, so you won't have to worry about personal info still being on it. You can reset your watch using the Settings or Reboot mode on the watch, or with the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. 

Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, phone, or watch. When you reset a LTE watch that has active service, you may need to contact your service provider to reactivate service for the watch again.

Give this link a try for resetting your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/