cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfloto
Asteroid

I'm gettinig Celsius instead of Fahrenheit on Gear Sport

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my Gear Sport watch back from Samsung repair.  When I use a watchface that includes the temerature (created in Watchmaker) I get Celsius instead of Fahrentheit.  It shows Fahrenheit in the Watchmaker App, but when I load the face to my watch, the watch shows Celsius.  I've checked my temperature units in Watchmaker, Galaxy Wearable, and in my weather app on my phone (Galaxy S8) and they all are set to Fahrenheit.  I also checked my language setting on my phone and it is set to US English, so I just can't figure out how to get it back to Fahrenheit on my watch.  Before I sent it to Samsung for repair the same watchfaces showed the correct temperature unit, but I did do an update to my software once my watch was returned to me so I don't know if that did anything to those settings.  Help me out, please!  It's driving me crazy!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rfloto
Asteroid

Re: I'm gettinig Celsius instead of Fahrenheit on Gear Sport

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that and I was able to get the problem solved.  For anyone who wants to know what to do if they have this issue, here are the steps:

With a Watchmaker face selected on the watch...

1) Double tap the display to open the face selector.

2) Tap the left arrow to access settings and keep tapping it until you see the setting for weather.

3) Select the temperature unit you want (Celsius or Fahrenheit).

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot, Gear Manager App>Settings>Apps>Next to Weather there will be a Settings icon(gear)>Unit. That 'Unit' can be changed from C to F.

rfloto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  As I mentioned before, I've checked my temperature unit in Galaxy Wearable on my phone and it is currently set to Fahrenheit.  Same Watchmaker and my weather app on my phone and watch, they are all set to Fahrenheit.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to the developer of the app.

rfloto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that and I was able to get the problem solved.  For anyone who wants to know what to do if they have this issue, here are the steps:

With a Watchmaker face selected on the watch...

1) Double tap the display to open the face selector.

2) Tap the left arrow to access settings and keep tapping it until you see the setting for weather.

3) Select the temperature unit you want (Celsius or Fahrenheit).

userNPCX4z4Xzi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked, thanks!

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Hey, give this a shot, Gear Manager App>Settings>Apps>Next to Weather there will be a Settings icon(gear)>Unit. That 'Unit' can be changed from C to F.

Elantric
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

^^ must point out these instructions work as long as you are  making these changes using the  Samsung WEARABLE  app on your Android Phone  - same directions do not work directly on the Galaxy Watch  - must use the  Samsung WEARABLE android app on your Host smartphone to make these changes 

userB24ld3Xdko
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, and I did everything these replies said to do without any resolve. I have an LG Stylo phone and a new S3 Gear Frontier. I went to every weather app I had on my phone and they all were set to F. The watch had nowhere to change this as well. The Galaxy Wear App on my phone had no setting for weather at all under the "Apps" page even though the watch was showing my weather in Celsius. Not having a "Weather" setting also meant I had no "Settings Cog" at all... until I did this: I went to the Google Play store and looked at all the Weather Apps. I found a free app called "Weather" made by "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS". I loaded that onto my Stylo phone... went back into the Galaxy Wear App and low and behold I now had a "Weather" setting in my Apps page with a settings cog next to it. I opened that cog and there was the setting... it was on C. I changed it to F... and now my S3 Gear watch is showing my weather in Fahrenheit. It was a painful 5 hour endeavour but I finally got the result I was looking for. I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

usercxTAcSGdZJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need that app...I don't have a Samsung phone so I can't change the Celsius setting.  I don't think it's in the Play store anymore.