Original topic:

Smart TV scrolling

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 11:48 AM)
Perro27
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi,

I can't seem to get scrolling on the internet app on my Samsung smart tv to work properly. When there's a page with a scroll list enbedded I can't get to scroll down the list to see items "below" the visible list. I can get the cursor to change to the scroll symbol but it doesn't scroll the list but the entire page. I can get items on the list to activate as long as it's in the already visible area. I do only have the standard remote that came with the TV. On my computer it's no problem scrolling down the list. Can anyone help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Two great options you can connect a mouse to make it easier via Bluetooth. Or use your smartphone via smarthings as your remote. Allows you to use your phone screen as a mouse. If you have a Samsung phone you can use Samsung dex it's built in its wireless and allows you a pc type experience on your tv and also allows you to use your phonebas a mouse. But with your remote using the direction pad you should be able to keep pressing down to scroll. Make sure your browser settings are set correctly and not to zoomed in so that you can't see the bottom of the page.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Two great options you can connect a mouse to make it easier via Bluetooth. Or use your smartphone via smarthings as your remote. Allows you to use your phone screen as a mouse. If you have a Samsung phone you can use Samsung dex it's built in its wireless and allows you a pc type experience on your tv and also allows you to use your phonebas a mouse. But with your remote using the direction pad you should be able to keep pressing down to scroll. Make sure your browser settings are set correctly and not to zoomed in so that you can't see the bottom of the page.
Perro27
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks

I tried the SmartThings app on my phone but it didn't resolve the scrolling issue. Will come in handy though. Guess I'll have to buy a mouse and try that next. I appreciate you replying and try to help me!

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
LED and OLED TVs
One other thing you can do is try clearing the catche memory or deleting and reinstall the browser app. This can be done in your tv support then storage management section. Then find browser than clear and ir delete and start fresh. It might be a weird setting that's causing this.
0 Likes