JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

860 EVO Firmware RVT04B6Q

(Topic created: 12-02-2019 04:04 PM)
LifeCycles_
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have an 860 EVO 500 GB currently on Firmware RVT03B6Q with an option to upgrade to RVT04B6Q, can anyone tell me what's changed, if it's worth upgrading or where I can find notes on this new firmware version, thanks! 

Steps already tried to locate firmware changes:

Magician Software

Google

Reddit

Discord

Twitter

Chat

Phone support 

(each platform is clueless and suggests to contact the next)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LifeCycles_
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Here is the response I recieved from Samsung when I asked what changes this firmware contains. I find it fishy they they themselves don't even know what's going on. It's unbelievable that this was a response from samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com  

"Hello -----,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. As far as we are aware, the 860 Evo Firmware Revision RVT04B6Q adds compatibility to the drive with some older systems."

View solution in context

0 Likes
21 Replies
user31bSrGUTyC
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've updated to RVT04B6Q and experienced severe performance regression. When downloading files (ex. steam library updating) the drive goes up to 100% and my system slows to a crawl. Never experienced that in RVT03B6Q firmware. Hopefully this will get fixed ASAP.

LifeCycles_
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks for sharing, your feedback is the only known experience with RVT04B6Q to my knowledge. 

Dandy83
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have failed Windows 10 start after upgrade to bvt04b6q. It starts with the attempt to recover windows which finally fails even trying to recover from the windows recovery 2 points.

0 Likes
usertbq92BXrmf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

4 months later, and I'm being prompted to take an updated version of this firmware.  No explanation provided, no idea of how the upgrade is installed, no idea of what the changes are.

0 Likes
mieske
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got the same troubles, pc was not to handle anymore. After long Searcing , the only  solution was, back to factory default . Before this i Made a backup clone .  This was a great rescue .  The Samsung SSD works fine now.

0 Likes
edstyler
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I had just updated firmware on my Samsung 860 Evo to RVT04B6Q, and write performance dropped from 550 to 300-310Mbps.. so this firmware broke the performance of SSD seriously.

I tested 10times, restarted PC, trim is enabled.. really annoying.

0 Likes
Solution
LifeCycles_
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Here is the response I recieved from Samsung when I asked what changes this firmware contains. I find it fishy they they themselves don't even know what's going on. It's unbelievable that this was a response from samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com  

"Hello -----,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. As far as we are aware, the 860 Evo Firmware Revision RVT04B6Q adds compatibility to the drive with some older systems."

View solution in context

0 Likes
edstyler
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

After 2 hours of usage, I tested again, and now the speed is normal as it should be (562/532MB).
I didn't notice any other issues. So maybe it's a process of firmware update.

0 Likes
LifeCycles_
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm happy to hear that you're not experiencing any problems, thank you for sharing.

0 Likes