JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

About Galaxy Note 9-How do I answer a call directly on loudspeaker with voice command only?

(Topic created: 09-06-2018 12:34 PM)
user50bMsjJVUu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello guys! I'm handicapped and can't use my hands so bixby is extremely useful to me! The problem is that when i answer or make a call using voice commands it doesn't directly turn on loudspeaker & i can't touch the phone. I remember note 4 did that automatically. Can I make note 9 do it as well? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
npetranek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I know that the Bixby and Google assistants can both make calls on speakerphone, but I'm still looking for how to accept calls on speakerphone. If someone doesn't have a response for you by end of tomorrow, I will.

Edit: I was browsing through the published articles in the skills section under the Learn tab and found the answer. Using the Bixby Assistant, simply say, "Accept this call with speaker."

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
npetranek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I know that the Bixby and Google assistants can both make calls on speakerphone, but I'm still looking for how to accept calls on speakerphone. If someone doesn't have a response for you by end of tomorrow, I will.

Edit: I was browsing through the published articles in the skills section under the Learn tab and found the answer. Using the Bixby Assistant, simply say, "Accept this call with speaker."

user50bMsjJVUu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@npetranek Thank you so much!!! You saved my life!!! Is there any quicker way? Like without saying "Hi Bixby" first? It takes long and i miss my calls sometimes. Note 4 did it by saying just "answer"..it was an option on accessibility. Thank you again!!!
0 Likes
npetranek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just went through the accessibility settings again and it seems the feature you're describing has been removed. I'm familiar with the feature you described as I would frequently use it on my note 5.

The best way I can think of to make the process a little bit simpler is assigning a quick command to Bixby so you dont have to say as much to answer the call. For example, you can name the command "answer" and program it to accept this call with speaker. All you would have to say is "Hi, Bixby; answer."

0 Likes
usermKk3gDMocC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How do I turn it off?

0 Likes