cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

One UI 2.1 Update Caused Major Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone else been having phone problems with this new update? I don't know if the issue lies with Samsung or T-mobile, but my entire display is enlarged and centered off screen, yet the apps, home buttons, etc. are still in the same spot internally. For example, I can't see my home, back, and multiview buttons because the display is enlarged, but if I tap where they would normally appear, they still have its function. It's extremely weird, and I don't know who to contact.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: One UI 2.1 Update Caused Major Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same issue with my father's Note9! His Note just received the June patch. After the update, he experienced the exact same issue. He keeps his phone on high performance, so he was unable to change the resolution. I ended having to plug the phone into a monitor and enable screen mirroring. From there, I switched the Power Mode to Optimized. That then lowered the resolution to FHD + (2220 x 1080). His display went back to normal. Fyi, if you change the power mode back to High Performace, WQHD (2960 x 1440), the resolution will still appear fine. However, as soon as you reboot your phone, the exaxt same issue happens. I found that if I keep the phone on Optimised w/ res FHD + (2220 x 180) and perform reboot, you won't run into the same issue. So please keep your phones on Optimised mode or lower so that you won't run into this issue again. Samsung, please fix this right away!!!! 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 👋,

you still have the problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, yes. I contacted Samsung and numerous people, but it looks like I can only factory reset.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A factory reset is unacceptable.  That is their answer first.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you have any kind of custom theme, substratum, or ROM installed before updating? Or was it on stock theme?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have icons installed from the store, but no themes, I use dark mode, and that's about it really.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So you were using a custom launcher then you updated? This could be the cause. Have you tried clearing the cache partition from off? I recommend going back to OneUI Home launcher and then clearing cache partition if you can.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding. No custom launcher, and I was recommended to clear out all cache from my phone. After that it still remains, unfortunately. Also, the UI launcher thing didn't work either Smiley Sad This update is definitely unfortunate.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same issue with my father's Note9! His Note just received the June patch. After the update, he experienced the exact same issue. He keeps his phone on high performance, so he was unable to change the resolution. I ended having to plug the phone into a monitor and enable screen mirroring. From there, I switched the Power Mode to Optimized. That then lowered the resolution to FHD + (2220 x 1080). His display went back to normal. Fyi, if you change the power mode back to High Performace, WQHD (2960 x 1440), the resolution will still appear fine. However, as soon as you reboot your phone, the exaxt same issue happens. I found that if I keep the phone on Optimised w/ res FHD + (2220 x 180) and perform reboot, you won't run into the same issue. So please keep your phones on Optimised mode or lower so that you won't run into this issue again. Samsung, please fix this right away!!!! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SOOOOO much! I really appreciate your help. My phone is now back to normal until they fix this awful bug for good. Again, many many thanks!