cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
krystlyn
Constellation

Samsung Note 9 camera buzzing sound + unable to focus

Hi i am currently using a samsung note 9 and it has been less than a year since i got it but recently i realised everytime i use my camera in the live focus mode it gives out a buzzing sound and keeps vibrating. The picture is also blurry as it cannot focus. I've seen many others complaining about this  problem too. May i know if there is a solution to this (ie will it help if i send it to the samsung repair centre?) I am actually very disappointed with the new software update as we waited so long for it to be released and yet there are still so many problems. 

10 REPLIES 10
userwuokzYHeUW
Constellation

Re: Samsung Note 9 camera buzzing sound + unable to focus

I called Samsung initially and they referred me to Ubreakifix... they couldn't fix it. Tech told me the camera might need replaced and advised to call Samsung back. I'm calling them later and will post back with the result.

userZWqho1PmKN
Cosmic Ray

camera hardware failure. a widespread issue. sell your device after its fixed or exchange to s10, the problem will just comeback after the replacement. 

userjc84MGDtXq
Constellation

Did not go via Samsung, did go with my provider and they're sending me the second replacement phone because of this issue. I am a longtime Samsung customer, but this will be my last phone from them!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@krystlyn

Give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

user7PQ3w3525d
Constellation

I tried that and it didn't fix it. Mine does the same thing in every mode for the camera. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Hop
Constellation

I am currently having this same issue. I have had this issue prior to the pie update and the only thing that I've found is to shake the phone hard a couple times when the issue starts. Seems to work but it's very annoying and disappointing for such an expensive phone. Long time Note user (since 2) I've had the 512gb note 9 since it's release and patiently waiting for a fix to this camera vibrating issue that doesn't cost me money or having to be without my device for a repair. Come on Samsung, your users are usually diehard but exploding phones, faulty cameras, charging issues are things that will turn power users away 

userJpikfm4gmx
Constellation

Too bad, i also experience this problem when i travel in Bangkok. I cant zoom and focus. The phone is  vibrating when zoom. Bad experience155667979826110925036151226805.jpgZoom n vibrate

20190501_095854.jpgWithout zoom

20190501_095847.jpgZoom

userIB1iFsTECB
Constellation

Hi. I'm from Indonesia and i got same issues too. I just figure it out and it really annoying, can somebody help me?