Original topic:

1TB Micro SD memory card?

(Topic created: 11-25-2022 06:05 AM)
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Hello, Samsung Community. 

I would like to offload the various photos and screenshots that I've accumulated on my Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra smartphone. I want to send them to a memory card, so that I can upload the photos and screenshots to my computer, which has a couple of 2TB Western Digital 'Passport' external HDD storage units coupled to it.

The photos and screenshots in my phone's photo gallery, will totally overwhelm a 512Gb memory card (even a Samsung memory card, unfortunately!)

I was wondering, does Samsung make a 1TB micro SD memory card? I know there are other 1TB micro SD memory cards 'available', but when it comes to what memory cards I put in my Note 20 5G Ultra smartphone, I want the memory card to be a Samsung memory card.

By the way, Samsung, used to have a way to transfer data from your smartphone to a computer. Does that data transfer software still exist? It would be a real lifesaver.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
You can use the Smart Switch app to backup your phone

And if you're computer savvy, you can also do a raw copy of the phone's content, which we do on our Linux desktops and laptops

I think the largest capacity Sammy offers is 512

But we prefer SanDisk, and they offer a 1gb card.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
You can use the Smart Switch app to backup your phone

And if you're computer savvy, you can also do a raw copy of the phone's content, which we do on our Linux desktops and laptops

I think the largest capacity Sammy offers is 512

But we prefer SanDisk, and they offer a 1gb card.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@WalterD Since the Note 20 Ultra only has 512 GB of internal memory, all of your photos and videos from the internal memory will fit on a 512 GB card.

If, however, you already have an SD card installed, then the total between the internal memory and SD card could be over 512 GB. 

0 Likes
Options
Note20
You can simply take the charge cable that came with your phone, plug the USB end into your computer and the other end to your computer. When it's connected, pull down the notification panel, and select DeX. Change it to file transfer (instead of charge). Then you will see your phone listed as a separate drive on your computer. Then copy and paste away!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Dex is really the wrong app to use for a backup...

(quote)
plug the USB end into your computer and the other end to your computer
(end quite)

One end of the cable needs to be plugged into the phone 😀